Thursday, July 1, 2010

5 Amazing Years!

Jeremy and I were married 5 years ago on June 24, 2005. I can't believe its only been 5 years (and not in a bad way). We've already done so much together and I can't imagine my life without him in it. After several jobs, houses, and 2 kids later, I still fall in love with him more every day! I'm the luckiest girl in the world to be married to my best friend... Happy Anniversary Babe!

For our actual anniversay this year Jeremy worked til 2am so I didn't even see him on it. We celebrated a week and a half later once Jeremy could get some time off work and we could get a babysitter out here. We went to dinner at a Mexican place called Suenos. Seriously.....the best Mexican food I have ever had. I didn't even know that you could make Mexican food fine dining, but they sure did. I definitely recommend it if you ever go to Manhattan.Then while we are at dinner Jeremy asks if I want my presents....and of course I say yes. He gives me a box and in it is 2 tickets to "Wicked". Remind you that we tried to see Wicked last summer and got in our rollover accident on the way so we missed the show. Then I notice it is for August 20th and I leave to come back to Utah on July 21st, and he says "oh no, I must have booked the wrong dates". Then there is another envelope for me to open, and it has an itinerary for me to fly back to New York on August 18th and there are no kids on the itinerary. So being the cute husband he is, he asked his mom to watch our kids and I get to fly back to NY so we can enjoy a few days here without kids and Jeremy will be done with his internship. I can't even tell you how great of a present that was for me. I was in heaven.... The night was great first of all because I finally got a break from my kids and then knowing that I get to come back and enjoy New York without kids for a few days made my whole summer. :) Not that I don't love my kids, but its been hard to never really get a break from them with Jeremy working so much......AND it will be so fun to enjoy the night life and stress free life of no kids for a few days. :)
Thanks babe for always loving to surprise me! I love it too!Walking around Time Square after dinner. I didn't want to go home and have our fun night end... :) Such a perfect night to celebrate our 5 Amazing years together.

6 comments:

Lori and Matt said...

Congrats on 5 years! Our 5th is on Aug 20! What a great husband. Sorry you havem't seen that much of him- we need our baby-sitting swap!!! When you get back let me know, we can play.

Nae said...

Congrats you guys! Looks like you are having a ton of fun in NYC! I keep looking at your blog to keep tabs! Love ya and miss ya!
Nae

Holly said...

Sooooooo lucky!!!! NYC sans kids will rock! Enjoy it. Happy Anniversary!!!

Tiffany said...

Our 5th is this year too on Aug 18th!!! Way to go you love birds!

Angie said...

Honestly your wedding pictures are so gorgeous! You look so amazing and I just cannot stop looking at your hair:)

Rhandi said...

What a perfect night! I still haven't heard how your trip was- can't wait to hear about it. Happy 5 years :)