Sunday, April 4, 2010

Our miraculous blessing!

July 30th, 2009

I never thought I would say that I've been in two rollover accidents but now unfortunately I can (my first was when I was a freshman in college). Our family was driving to Cali for my brothers wedding and we had lots to do before we left and both Jeremy and I hadn't gotten much sleep the last week or so. We got up at 4:30 Thursday July 30th and left at 6:30 am, we were trying to make the broadway play "Wicked" by that night in San Diego. We had only been driving 2 1/2 hours and then Jeremy fell asleep around Beaver. I had just talked to him ten minutes earlier and we were going to try make it to cedar city and then I was going to drive. Jeremy fell asleep and veered towards the center median. I woke up from the noisy groove things and yelled Jeremy which woke him up. He over-corrected and we spun through both lanes of traffic missing all the cars and then rolled when we got to the dirt on the other side. Gratefully we were all ok. Both boys were sleeping and were just a little scared but are totally fine. Luckily we turned Tyler forward for this trip since he was 11+ months. When we rolled, the back windshield blew out so dirt and glass poured in our car. If Tyler had still been backwards he would have gotten a face full of dirt and glass. We were extremely blessed and watched over in so many ways. I didn't know my older brother Greg was an exit behind in beaver eating breakfast. My mom called him and he met us at the hospital. I was strapped down to a board as my neck was already hurting. So Jeremy was left to deal with both boys by himself. Luckily my sister-in-law helped out giving Jackson a shower and entertaining him and Ty. Jeremy said he probably would have lost it if they hadn't been there. After we were done at the hospital they gave us a ride to cedar city to rent a car. We the drove back to beaver to get our stuff and clean out our car. It was definitely overwhelming to see our car and see what we survived. The rest of the trip I constantly thought about what I could have lost and feel so grateful that my whole family was protected. Anyways, I thought I would just give a little personal reminder to NEVER drive drowsy and for me I will not sleep as a passenger ever again either. Our Camry held up well as far as safety but was totaled. So if anything good will came of this we got to get a new car. We wanted to sell our camry so we could get a bigger car, and now we didn't have to deal with selling it and got more for it being totaled than we could have trying to sell it in this market.

No comments: