Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Moving to Provo

Still catching up...

August 2009 - Our move to Provo
Jeremy started the BYU MBA program this fall (2009) and so we moved to good ol' P-town. Yes I became a Provo resident once again. We were really excited for this new change. Jeremy has been wanting to go back to school for a few years now, and so we finally did it. It has been a rough transition in some ways for Jeremy to humble himself to wear blue......but he finally recognized its the best school in the state and changed his ways (it's nice to have the power when blogging to write whatever I want). No really, he still doesn't wear blue much (unless it has BYU MBA on it), but the nice thing is that he has realized what a good school BYU is and that there are a lot of normal people here :)

So we moved to Provo in August before school started, even though we still hadn't sold our house in Herriman. It was hard to be paying mortgage and rent payments, but we had "faith" that we would sell our house. We were starting to worry and figured if we didn't get an offer soon, we would have to try rent it out. We decided to fast and pray and the next day we received an offer. It's amazing what a little bit of effort shows to Heavenly Father. We were lucky to close on our house by September 24th, and no longer owned a home, and were now just renters. It definitely was a sad time for me. I didn't think I would be sad, because I liked my house, but I didn't necessarily love my house. I just knew I didn't want to stay in it long term. When we were walking through for the last time I was so sad. We started our marriage in this house, had both of our boys in this house, and had so many memories here.....and now it was someone else's. It is such a weird feeling to own something and then the next day you no longer have it.I actually get sad just looking at this picture. But I'm not sad to not have to do yard work anymore! :)

2 comments:

Lori and Matt said...

What a cute house! I felt the same way about our home in SC. I didn't LOVE it, but walking through it that last time was really emotional!

Jason, Elisa, Connor and Megan said...

I get sad looking at this house too because I miss you guys!! I am so happy that you get a break this month and get to have Jeremy around. See ya soon!