Friday, January 23, 2009

Our basketball star on New Year's Eve...

On New Year's Eve the four of us went to a Utah basketball game. Earlier that week Jeremy got a call asking if he wanted to shoot baskets for money during a time-out (3 baskets, $300, in 30 sec.). Of course he said yes, but I think he was a little nervous because he hasn't played basketball for a while because his knee has been bothering him.

So the night before he went to the church with Jackson to practice shooting. He said he didn't care if he made all 3 shots, he just didn't want to airball it in front of everyone. I told him he better make all 3 because I wanted some extra shopping money. :) Really though, I asked him my percentage before we got there to solidify my earnings...hey I had to watch both kids and take pictures while he did it so I deserved something. (and actually Becky and Blake watched the kids while I took pictures)

Well, not only did he NOT airball any of the three shots, he made all 3 the first try....and he still had 15 seconds left when he was done. Here are some pictures of our exciting night with our superstar Dad.
Jeremy on the Jumbo-Tron right before.
He gave me a quick smile before he started.
He was so fast I missed a picture of the layup, but this was him shooting the free throw.
Again I missed the picture of the 3 pointer, but this is him walking away after he made all three shots. I wish you could see his face.....huge smile! He said he was nervous but he didn't show it at all. When I was walking back up after taking pictures I heard some people say, "man we should get that guy on the team". I wished Jeremy could hear that....his dream would have been to play college basketball. It was so fun for Jackson to see his dad on the court. We've gone to another game since and Jackson will say, "Is daddy going to shoot hoops?"...Here is a picture of the boys after the game at Aunt Tammy's house. Jackson still doesn't quite get the "be soft" thing.

Our family after the game. Notice I am in a white Utah shirt....I still can't quite do red yet! :) We had a fun New Year's Eve....what a great way to start off a new year with a little extra money. Hopefully that means something for 2009!

9 comments:

Camille said...

it's a bit shocking to see you in a utah shirt!! but i would be wearing it too if my hubby had a chance at 300 bucks! WAY TO GO JER!!!

Annie said...

woot! woot! Way to shoot for the loot Jeremy! I love it!

Angie said...

Oh wow! Great for Jeremy and for you:) That is so fun for him especially that he made all 3! Your family looks so cute all together in the red (and white) gear.

Christiansen's said...

Wow, that is way impressive! Have fun with the extra cash. Maybe you guys can use it to buy BLUE shirts for the whole family :)

Villarreal's said...

RED & WHITE baby!!! ;) You guys look fabulous in those colors! Okay, so I hope u had fun shopping!!! Way to go, making ALL 3shots, with the pressure on!
-Trisha

Mike and Timette said...

That is AWESOME!! Mike is very impressed.

Marni Bown said...

I was there to witness this very special occasion. In fact I even yelled his name and we made eye contact before he shot. Then I hoped I didnt distract him but for sure felt cool that I knew the guy that made 3 for 3 establishing that before he made the shots. Great to see you guys there and you cheering for the U.

Emily said...

I heard about this. Jeremy is famous! Hey, Jenn, didn't you go to BYU? What's up with the "red" shirt? I am so sad! :) Hey, I ran into your Dad at the Draper temple. It was our night to volunteer and he was there supervising of some sort. I approached him and he probably thought I was pretty crazy! He is so cute though. Totally reminded me of you. I miss you. Let's get our families together. Love ya,

E-

Jason, Elisa, Connor and Megan said...

That is awesome! Hope you got to go shopping! :0)