Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Making Christmas cookies

A few weeks ago we made some christmas cookies as a fun new christmas tradition. I thought it would be fun for Jackson to help me and then he could decorate them as he wanted to. It was fun for the first 10 minutes and then Jackson lost his patience and wanted to do everything himself (smashing the dough, throwing candy - ya know 2 year old stuff). Needless to say, we only got a few plates made and just took them to family. Once Jackson is a little bigger, hopefully it will be a fun tradition for him to help me with the making and then taking them to family and neighbors.

Just before decorating the cookies. He waves every time he says "Merry Christmas"...

Some of our cookie creations. Marshmellows on cookies - it was one of Jackson's favorite. Notice the Merry Christmas wave... :) It was a fun night....stressful at times, but it was fun for Jackson which is what I had to keep telling myself to try and not get mad at him for smashing cookies and ruining them!

1 comment:

Angie said...

That is a fun tradition:) I will love it when Elsie can help me make cookies and other things like that! Jax looks so old in those pictures!