Monday, September 1, 2008

Tyler Michael Burgon

Our little angel, Tyler, joined our family last wednesday night at 10:34pm. He was 8 lbs 12 oz and 20 inches long. I was supposed to be induced on Thursday morning, but Tyler just couldn't wait. I started having contractions around 6:30pm and noticed that they were more in my back this time. I told Jeremy these felt a little different and so we hurried home to grab some stuff. I got to the hospital around 7:30 and by 8 was in my room and all hooked up. When I got there I was a 4 and 100% effaced....so they said I was staying. A half hour later I was a 6, and then got my epidural. The epidural helped take the edge off my contractions but I could still feel them. They said that because I was going so fast the epidural wasn't working fast enough. So they gave me a second dose and then I was completely numb and ready to have this baby. I pushed a few times and Tyler joined our family late Wednesday night. It was a fast labor, but a little more painful this time than jackson. We didn't have a name for this little guy until Thursday night. We went to the hospital with Bo/Beau or Barrett, and they just weren't fitting him. So we scratched every name we talked about and just started throwing names out. When we both heard Tyler we both really liked it and could really see him as a Ty. So our family and friends were a little shocked (my mom had already told people Barrett) when we told them his name was Tyler. We are all doing well and trying to adjust to this new little addition. I'll post more pictures once I get a free moment. :)

19 comments:

Marni Bown said...

CONGRATS!!! You look great and he is adorable. Glad to know that everything went well. XOXOXO

Blake said...

We sure think he is cute! Love the picture of Jackson, we can just hear him saying "cheese!"

e said...

what a beautiful baby boy! I am so glad he is here, safe and sound. enjoy all that newborn sweetness.
hugs, elizabeth

MaryClaire Brown said...

he's gorgeous, and i'm so thrilled for you that he's here. enjoy your new family of 4 and all of his sweet litleness.

Jen said...

Congratulations. What else can I say?! I am so happy for you guys.

Jason, Elisa, Connor and Megan said...

CONGRATS!! I am so excited that Tyler is here. I am also way excited that he has the same birthday as Connor. :0) You guys are great parents and Tyler is lucky to have come to such a great little family. Hope Jackson is doing great. Talk to you soon.

Shanna said...

He is gorgeous! Yay and I am so happy he is healthy and you are too! I can't wait to meet this little guy! I 'll call you later or you can call me! Hope you are getting enough rest! You look like such a perfect mom of two! Jackson looks like he is super happy!!!

Angie said...

Yay! I am so excited that he is here and everything went so well. He is so absolutely darling. I love the picture with your 2 sons and Jacks. That is so sweet!:)

renae said...

he is so stinkin' cute! a big baby is not as much fun to deliver, but look at all that chub you get to love on! i can't wait to meet him. i'll call you soon!

xoxo,
renae

WareHouse said...

Hooray! Congrats! What a handsome baby!

Christiansen's said...

Congrats, he is so adorable, and you look great. I love Jackson's huge grin while he is holding his little brother.

Camille said...

what a doll. he is so sweeet and you look fab as always! can't wait to love on him, hopefully soon!! xoxo

Chelsea said...

Congrats!! We're so happy for you guys.

Villarreal's said...

Jen! We did it! They finally decided to come! U look so great and your boy is adorable! I am sure u are lovin this just as much as I am. I hope everything is going well and that ur not as engorged as I am... help! :P

Branden said...

Congratulations you guys! It's good to hear that all is well with both Ty and Jen.

Ali said...

Congratulations!! He is absolutely adorable!! Jackson looks so excited for the little addition!! I hope you are all doing well!!

Kristi said...

Congratulations. He looks like such a cutie. Sorry you had to deal with back labor. That is the worst! I am glad you got the double dose epidural :)

JoRae aka Lolae said...

Jen, It was so good to see you the other night. I hope all is well and your recovery is speedy. Congrats on your new addition. He sure is cute.

Emily said...

Oh....Congrats! You are such a cute mommy! I can't wait to get together. I hope you are feeling well. You look great and he is darling. Talk to you soon-

Love ya,
Em