Sunday, July 20, 2008

No more bed rest :)

So I haven't done much blogging lately because I was put on bedrest for the last 2 weeks. I started bleeding quite a bit and then later started into labor. At the time I was 31 1/2 weeks along, which was just a little too early for the baby, so they stopped the labor and I was put on bed rest. I've always thought bed rest sounded hard when I had heard people who had to be down, but wow it was so much harder than I thought.

One thing that really surprised me was how hard it was to have people help me. My two sisters helped me tremendously. They came over almost every day and watched Jackson, cleaned my bathrooms, did laundry, grocery shopping, and even started working on the baby's nursery. I often found myself crying or on the brink of crying the whole time. I hadn't realized how hard it is to have people help you when you feel like you should and could be doing it yourself (I felt like I could physically, but shouldn't for the baby's sake). Soon the relief society found out and we had meals brought to us every night during the week. This all was very overwhelming to me and Jeremy. So many people were sacrificing their time, money, gas, and physical energy to help me. One of the hardest parts was not being able to pick up and take care of Jackson. I missed him so much each day and I think he missed me too. He really started acting out and being a little stinker, which made it harder for me when people were helping take care of him and he was being hard for them. Each night when he would come home I would hold him as long as he would let me. He doesn't cuddle for long, but he seemed to enjoy laying down with mom on the couch a little more than usual.

Anyways, I wrote this because I wanted to say thank you to everyone who helped our family get through the last couple weeks. We are so grateful and humbled by everyone's willingness to help us out. Because I was able to really rest, by body stopped progressing towards labor and my bedrest ban has been lifted. I still have to take it easy, dr.'s words"resume light activity", and still no picking up and carrying Jackson, but at least I can drive and be up more during the day. I am now 34 weeks, and just 3 more weeks puts me to 37 which is considered full-term. I'm praying for at least 3 more weeks of this baby inside me, but no more than 5! :)

12 comments:

Christiansen's said...

I pray I never have to go on bedrest, I had no clue until Becky mentioned something. I am glad that you can now get up and do things. Hope the rest of it goes well.

Casey and Whitney MCkell said...

Jen I prayed for you!! I kept telling myself call her call her and I never did!! I am so sorry!! Jackson and Holden need to play!! I hope all is well!! Please know I am ALWAYS here!!!

E Winzeler said...

Yea hun! I am so happy things are looking better! We should get together before the big day approaches! (Paradise Bakery sound yummy again:))!

Shanna said...

your pregnancy flew by girly! I can't believe you almost had a baby early! so scary! Keep that baby safe in the womb for a few more weeks! I can't wait to meet him. You tow do a great job making them!!!

Shanna said...

hope you are doing well! So sorry it was such a rough past few weeks. I wish I would have known so I could have done something for you!!! I am glad you are okay now though!!!

Emily said...

Jenn, I really hope you are okay!! I had problems at the end of each of my pregnancies and it was way more difficult with a 15 month old. I experienced the same problems with Avery that you shared. It is difficult being on bed rest and not being able to take care of your baby. I had a difficult time allowing others to serve me as well. I don't know why, but it was a lesson I learned to allow others the chance to be blessed. I just want to help! I hope everything is okay....

Jen said...

I am impressed as to how well you have done. I know what you mean about hating people having to help more than you would like them too. It definitely makes you feel incapable of anything. Hang in there, woman. You are a strong chic and I think a lot of you. I have learned that allowing people to help you makes them happy and gives them blessings. You would do it in a heartbeat for anyone else. I know you would. I am glad you are off bedrest, and I will keep saying prayers for you. Keep them coming this way too :)

Jason, Elisa, Connor and Megan said...

Hey Jenn - I was really glad to hear you are off bedrest, but don't be afraid to ask if you need help. It will be so much better for you and the baby to keep him in there as long as you can. Hopefully, like you said, you can go to at least 37 weeks. Please call if you need ANYTHING!

Villarreal's said...

My prego sista! Sorry to hear that you have been having a rough time. It kinda sounds like we are in the same boat. I have to see the dr three times a week. Once for a check-up and twice for non-stress tests. My dr almost put me on bed rest cuz I have consistent contractions, but checked me and said there was no progress there yet, so I escaped being put on bed rest. He told me to take it easy though... which, like you mentioned is SO SO hard. It really is hard to be dependant on people, especially when you have a little toddler who wants to run around. I know how you feel. I know our little babies are due Sept 3rd, but I think both of them are trying to sneak out a little early. I am hoping we both make it to 37 weeks and nothing much longer! :) (for our sakes) love ya gal, I hope you are feeling well.

Alder Family said...

So glad to hear that the bed rest order has been lifted! Hope you're feeling good. Take care of yourself and baby! Hope to see you this weekend!

Megan

Angie said...

Yeah I am glad that everything is going better. I was more than happy to help out. You would have done the same for anyone else. It was fun to be able to spend so much time together. That what family is for. I am so excited to meet this little one!
Love ya:)

Alder Family said...

Hey, It's Megan again! Just wanted to make sure that you heard that the shower this weekend is on hold. Brianne is in the hospital. Call me with any questions! Hope you're feeling great!