Tuesday, February 26, 2008

A trip to Cali...

So Jackson and I joined my friend Mary Claire and her two kids on a trip to California. We drove down in her new pimped out minivan (which was a dream having the 3 kids). We went to get away from the Utah ice land and play with our friend Elizabeth. Unfortunately the weather was a little rainy, but still warmer than Utah. We had such a fun time. Elizabeth was such a gracious host and so great to let us bombard her house.....which is so beautiful BTW. Where she lives is so beautiful and it made me miss California so much. If only we could afford to live there and Jeremy's job was there, I think I might start looking for a house in Elizabeth's neighborhood right now. I loved the girl talks, seeing Elizabeth's kids again, seeing my sister Alison for a short time, watching all of the kids interact together, and being able to chat with Claire while the kids slept or watched a movie on the drive home. Here are a few pictures.....when I remembered to pull my camera out.Jackson and Charlotte after jumping on the bed. So sweet, don't they make a cute couple. Jackson found some glasses and loved putting them on. This was the first time I heard him say "cool". I kept calling him a cool dude and you can see him saying "COOL"!!!!

Jax playing in the sand with Charlotte and Stella. It was so fun to be outside and the kids were in heaven.

Cute Charlotte and Parker riding some horsey thing..... :) Love these kids!

Jackson's with his new best friend Berk(who is 6). Jackson loves older kids and he fell in love with little Berk. Berk was so cute to take care of Jax at the park. He would take him on all the slides and help him get up all the big steps. We wanted to take Berk home, but I don't think Elizabeth could live without this cute kid. Even after we got home Jackson saw these pictures and said "Ber". Hopefully we will come visit again soon!

We were sad to leave, but it is nice to be home again. This is what I came home to.....

Isn't my husband the cutest.....my absolute favorite flowers ever! We missed him so much and Jackson loves having his dad to play with again.

7 comments:

e said...

we are so glad you came to visit us.
I am LOVING that jackson said "Ber"!!!
you need to come again soon.

xoxo
e

e said...

dear jackson,

I like playing with you with the brown blanket. It was so much fun. I like your laughing too. Will you come and visit again?

love,
Berk

p.s. these are really berk's words!!!

s g said...

I am glad it was such a good time for you guys...Jackson is growing up so fast, I can hardly believe you will another one this summer. These pics are so cute..
sara g.

Martha said...

Just fount you through MaryClaire. What a beautiful little boy Jackson is. And Congratulations on the new little one. When are you due? So, you know Roy and Ang? I love those guys. Ang was my roommate at BYU and Roy was in our ward. Small world.

Camille said...

so cute. i am so glad you had a great time. i wish i could have joined in the fun ;)

Shanna said...

Those are my favorite flowers too! What a nice guy! It looks like your vacation was fun. Jacksion is so cute and he is getting so big! He will be a great big brother. Lets get together soon and do play group please call me!

E Winzeler said...

Jeremy really did miss you! We're glad you came home in time for a fun weekend! You guys are such good friends...thanks for the fun memories!